Get a ton of air to your front rotors with the AAF Brake Duct Kit. Brake cooling is a must for BMW’s that see track use.
The AAF E36 Brake Backing Plates feature our open flow design to allow more efficient air flow into the brake hat, as well as provide cool air to the wheel bearings. This gets more air to travel through the veins in the rotor than with other types of backing plates. These Backing Plates are the full size of the rotor and are also a heat shield for the shock and ball joints. Heating of the shock oil will cause the oil to thin, changing the shock dampening characteristics. Protecting the ball joints & tie rods from heat will help to improve longevity and prevent premature wear. Wheel bearing life on a track driven BMW can increase significantly with better cooling. Backing plates are powder coated black for extra durability and attractive aesthetics.
Lightweight Aluminum tubes provide a sturdy enough passage for air to travel to the rotor, while being able to take some abuse if the tire comes into contact with it. There is only a short section of flex hose so if you need to replace it after some hard use it will be much lower cost.
There are a few different inlet options for the E36. Choose between three different options. If your car already has inlets for a 3″ round tube, then select “No Inlets”
- The AAF adapter inlet attaches directly to the factory M3 bumper inlet with no other modifications needed.
- The large offset inlet is a universal brake duct inlet that will require some modification to fit. Exterior dimensions are roughly 9-5/8″ x 5″.
- The large centered inlet is a universal brake duct inlet that will require some modification to fit. Exterior dimensions are roughly 5-1/2″ x 7-3/4″.
The AAF Brake Duct Inlets were designed on High Tech CAD Software and 3D Printed in order to obtain a shape and strength no other manufacturing method can provide. The inlets fit directly over the factory M3 bumper inlet. Note: These inlets are Right and Left Side Specific.
- Two silicone couplers
- Two 3″ Aluminum Duct Tubes
- One length of Flex tube (you cut to length for each side)
- Two AAF Backing plates (left & right)
- Four hose clamps
- Attaching hardware
- Your choice of Inlet – Offset Generic, Centered Generic, AAF Factory Adapters, Or none.